Understanding the types of discounts
- Percent off: a percentage off applied per reservation on the total amount
- Amount off: a fixed amount off applied per reservation or per cover on the total amount
Once a discount is created, it can be disabled but it cannot be edited.
Setting up a discount
Discounts are created and applied per experience. Discounts can be kept for internal purposes only or can be public-facing for your guests to use by adding a Discount code.
- Visit Control Panel and click the Experiences page
- Select the experience and click the Discounts section
- Click the blue Create discount button
- Enter the name of the discount, which will be shown to guests on their receipt
- You may optionally enter a discount code that guests can use when booking online
- Select the discount type and enter a price or percentage off
Automatically applying a discount for a guest group
You may automatically apply a discount for guests within a guest group. When the guest in the group is logged in to their Tock account, they will automatically receive the discount when booking.
- Click the "Automatically apply this discount to specific guest groups" checkbox.
- From the dropdown, select which group you'd like to receive the discount.
Limiting a discounts usage
You may limit how often a discount is used per guest or in total by configuring the usage limits.